A vigil will be held in memory of Kenneth Chamberlain, Sr. on Saturday, Nov. 19 at 3 pm at the White Plains Public Safety Building, 77 South Lexington Ave., White Plains, NY. Rain or shine. Eleven years after the tragic death of Kenneth Chamberlain, Sr. in 2011, the fight for justice continues. To honor his life, we will gather and renew our pledge to advocate and educate, and to build trust between communities of color and law enforcement.
The vigil is co-sponsored by:
- Alternatives to Incarceration Coalition 914
- AntiRacist Alliance Westchester
- Bethel Baptist Church
- Congregation Kol Ami
- Memorial United Methodist Church
- New York Civil Liberties Union – Hudson Valley Chapter
- Urban League of Westchester County, Inc.
- WESPAC Foundation
- Westchester Martin Luther King, Jr. Institute for Nonviolence
For more info, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo credit: Photos8.com